Damen Delivers the Patrol Boat Valiant
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem delivered the Damen Stan Patrol 4207 Valiant to H.M. Customs and Excise. Following the earlier delivered Seeker, Searcher and Vigilant, Valiant is the fourth Damen Stan Patrol 4207 for H.M.
Customs and Excise. The Damen Stan Patrol 4207 is one of the bigger types in the Damen standard range of patrol boats, starting from 12 m in length and reaching up to 52 m.
The steel hull and aluminium superstructure were subcontracted to Scheepswerf Made in The Netherlands and the outfitting was carried out at Damen Shipyards Gorinchem.
The twin screw propulsion system consists of the following components: Caterpillar main engines; Reintjes gearboxes; and Kamewa CPP propellers.
Although the ship will sail at patrol speeds between 12 to 17 knots most of the time, the maximum speed is 26.5 knots. For slow speed maneuvering in harbors a bow tunnel thruster is fitted.
During design and construction of the ship much attention has been given to minimise vibration and noise levels. For this purpose the engines are fitted on flexible mounts. Floating floors are used throughout the ship and walls are of the "box in box" principle. As a result, the noise levels are remarkably low for such a light and high-powered ship:
Other stories from June 2004 issue
- New Joint Venture Tanker Company Sets Sail page: 9
- Crowley Refloats Stranded Passenger Ferry page: 10
- A Tradition Carried On page: 10
- EC: Spanish Shipyards Owe €308.3M page: 11
- Uljanik Delivers for Grimaldi-Napoli page: 12
- Washburn & Doughty delivers Independent page: 13
- Bollinger Repowers, Modifies 40-Year-Old Tug page: 14
- ACBL Announces Sweeping Changes page: 18
- Ocean Policy Study: Shortchanging Water Transport? page: 21
- Damen Delivers the Patrol Boat Valiant page: 25
- IZAR Christens LNG Ship page: 25
- Challenges facing IMO page: 26
- Flood Attracted to Water page: 30
- The Containership Market: Full Steam Ahead? page: 32
- Will Oil Continue Heading Up? page: 34
- Floating Production: The $8 Billion Market page: 36
- LNG Fleet Needs to Triple by 2020 page: 38
- New Free Fall Lifeboat Carries More People page: 41
- Wartsila to Power New DE Tanker page: 41
- Ice Tech: The Northern Promise page: 42
- New Era for Gas Engines page: 42
- Emulsion Breaking Bilge Water Cleaning System page: 44
- Balancing Security Safety and Commerce page: 46
- When the Clock Strikes Midnight page: 50
- The Layered Approach from a One-Stop-Shop page: 54
- JHOC: Eyes Wide Open page: 58
- The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 page: 61
- Jacksonville Selects ObjectVideo's Solution page: 63
- Ship@Sight SSAS page: 63
- The Midas Touch page: 64
- Security and Safety: Questions & Answers page: 69
- Storm Warnings Raised over Readiness Concerns page: 70
- MACC 2004: Multi-Agency Craft Conference set for June 15-17 page: 76