Caterpillar Announces Extended Service Coverage For Industrial & Marine Engines
Caterpillar Engine Division recently announced the availability of an Extended Service Coverage (ESC) program for their diesel and spark-ignited engines up to and including engines in the 3500 Family size range.
The ESC program is structured to provide Full Protection Coverage or Parts Protection Coverage plans covering defects in workmanship and material in eligible engines and related equipment originally warranted by Caterpillar and used in the U.S. and Canada.
The Full Protection Coverage plan provides parts and labor coverage for all eligible engines, generators, and marine gears. The Parts Protection Coverage plan provides parts only coverage for Caterpillar 3500 Family Engines and appli- Circle 165 on Reader Service Card M5E CORPORATION SINCE 1959 2,300 Employees, 30 Offices Nationwide MARINE DESIGN SERVICES MASTER ORDNANCE REPAIR CERTIFIED Join the professional marine design staff that keeps growing. You may qualify based on your experience and education in the following areas • NAVAL ENGINEERING • NAVAL ARCHITECTURE • COMBAT SYSTEMS • COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN SERVICES • MACHINERY CONDITION ANALYSIS • MACHINERY VIBRATION ANALYSIS • LOGISTIC SUPPORT SERVICES • DIVER'S LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS • OVERHAUL PLANNING SERVICES • SHIP'S SELECTED RECORD SERVICES Competitve salary and benefits Please send resume or call our Employement Office for consideration 1417 N. Battlefield Blvd.
Chesapeake, Virginia 23320 (804)547-8556 EOE M/F/V/H BARGES WANTED The New York City Dept. of Ports, International Trade and Commerce (PITC) seeks steel-hull, flat deck barges for purchase. PITC seeks only barges that are in good condition.
These barges are planned for use as docking facilities for ferry boats landing at various New York City piers. PITC wishes to acquire barges of two types: Spud Barges: Must be at least 100 ft. in length, 30 ft. in width, and with a depth no greater than 9 ft. Must possess minimum of two steel spuds each at least 50 ft. long.
Barge surface must be unobstructed and suitable for pedestrian traffic. Barges with cranes or other equipment on them will not be considered.
Car Floats: Acceptable lengths range from 200 ft. to 300 ft.
Acceptable widths range from 30 ft. to 45 ft. Maximum depth no greater than 9 ft. Barge surface must be unobstructed, suitable for pedestrian traffic and free of railroad tracks.
This advertisement is not a request for bids, is for informational purposes only, and is intended to assist PITC in identifying potential barge sellers. Exact specifications and additional information can be obtained by contacting: Mr. Charles N. Kriss, Director of Contracts and Procurement, New York City Department of Ports, International Trade and Commerce, Battery Maritime Building New York, New York 10004.
cable generators and marine gears. Service under these plans will be available at Caterpillar authorized facilities in the U.S. and Canada.
Both plans cover defects in workmanship or material not only in major engine, generator, and marine gear components, but in all nonconsumable parts such as supply and return lines, bolts, spacers, and gaskets.
The coverage, which the manufacturer says costs only pennies per operating hour, can be obtained for 36- or 60-month periods and for specific service hour lengths ranging from 2,000 hours for some engines up to 21,000 hours for others. It is available exclusively to the first user of the covered Cat Engine and may be bought any time before the standard warranty period expires. The extended service coverage period begins when the standard warranty period ends.
To meet coverage provisions, owners must follow Caterpillar's standard Operation & Maintenance Management Guides for their engine and related attachments.
For further details on Cat Extended Service Coverage, C i r c l e 7 3 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from March 1988 issue
- FIRST A.W.O. ANNUAL ISSUE page: 4
- Crane Consolidates Two Business Units To Form Crane M i d w e st page: 6
- Unitor Ships Service Acquires G a m l e n M a r i ne page: 6
- Fort Schuyler Forum To Be Held March 16 page: 7
- Racal Wins Major Radar Order From Midland Enterprises page: 7
- Racal To Demonstrate New Color ARPA At Whitehall Club In New York City page: 8
- New Diesel Pump Company Formed page: 8
- Substantial Savings Realized With HydroSwage MK III Tube Expander page: 9
- Slingmax Rigging Products Offers Literature On New Load-Lifting Equipment page: 9
- Quality Shipyards Delivers Third Pushboat In Series of Three To Ashland Oil Company page: 10
- Centrico Offers Advanced Oil Purifying Equipment page: 10
- Alfa-Laval Offers Quality Plate Heat Exchangers For Navy Shipboard Cooling Duties page: 11
- Constant-Tension Winch For Handling Rescue Boats Offered By Braden page: 12
- New Wooster Catalog Lists Anti-Slip Safety Stair/Walkway Products page: 12
- Tate Andale Offers Free 130-Page Catalog On Marine Products page: 13
- Harriet Harrison New Chairman Of AWO Southern Region page: 13
- AWO ANNUAL page: 14
- AWO'S REGULATORY ADVOCACY page: 18
- 1987: A YEAR OF MAJOR THREATS AND IMPORTANT VICTORIES page: 23
- Why You Should Be A Member Of AWO page: 24
- NAVY WILL SPEND OVER $9 BILLION IN FY 1988 ON R&D page: 27
- Fairbanks Morse Brochure Outlines Benefits Of New Ignition Generator page: 31
- MAJOR NAVY CONTRACTS page: 33
- A&T Receives Navy Contracts Worth $14.2 Million page: 37
- Textron Marine Systems Delivers 12th LCAC To Navy page: 38
- Avondale Industries Christens Their Second Landing Ship Dock In Series Of Five page: 38
- Mid-Coast Marine To Perform Overhaul Work At Coos Bay Drydock page: 39
- Moss Point Marine Delivers First Of Four Army Landing Ships page: 40
- Bethlehem Steel Christens Navy Oceanographic Survey Ship At Sparrows Point Shipyard page: 40
- Newport News Christens Newest Nimitz Carrier page: 41
- Avondale Plans Purchase Of Lockheed Shipbuilding's Gulfport Marine Division page: 42
- Free Color Brochure On Safety Release Hook For Rescue Boats page: 42
- First U.S.-Built Surimi Catcher/Processor Delivered By Halter Marine page: 46
- Lexair Offers Catalogs On 'Hi-Cyclic' And Poppet Type Two-Way Valves page: 47
- Navigation & Communications Equipment Review page: 48
- Robertson-Shipmate Introduces Multi-Station VHF Radiotelephone To U.S. Marine Market page: 56
- New Public Dock Facility At Port Of Iberia Is Reported A Success page: 56
- Skaarup Shipping Corporation Announces Executive Changes page: 62
- Cunard Installs Computerized Maintenance System From MMS Aboard Queen Elizabeth 2 page: 62
- National Waterways Conference Cosponsoring Seminar On Transportation Futures Markets page: 65
- Caterpillar Announces Extended Service Coverage For Industrial & Marine Engines page: 68
- Hyundai Building First In Series Of Three 250,000-Dwt VLCCs For World Wide Shipping Agency page: 68