Sembawang Shipyard Names Ernest Ware General Manager
Ernest S. Ware has been appointed general manager of Sembawang Shipyard Limited, succeeding R.A.
Hooker. Mr. Ware is on secondment from Swan Hunter (International) Limited of U.K., which had its management agency agreement with the Yard extended for an additional period of five years from November 30, 1973.
Prior to being appointed to this position, Mr. Ware was with the Cunard Steamship Company as technical manager responsible for the repair, maintenance and technical operation of passenger ships —including the^Queen Elizabeth II —refrigerated cargoships, and containerships.
A marine engineer by profession, he started his career as an apprentice engiiie fitter in H.M. Dockyard, (Portsmouth, England, in 1948. After over 10 years of seagoing experience up to chief engineer, he joined the Swan Hunter Group in 1966, and was sent to 'Malta Drydocks as ship repair manager.
In 1968, Mr. Ware was appointed marine manager with the Keppef Shipyard in Singapore—then under Swan Hunter Management—and he remained in that position until 1971, when he joined Cunard Steamship.
Mr. Ware's background of service in senior management positions in ship repairing establishments, as well as shipowners companies, equips him to provide a fuller service to the marine industry in Singapore.
Other stories from April 1974 issue
- First Semisubmersible Rig Built On East Coast page: 6
- Dearborn-Storm Completes Sale Of Computer Portfolio page: 7
- 14 LNG Tankers Now On Order Use Gaz-Transport Design page: 8
- Carboline Company Employs Saroyan As Coatings Consultant page: 9
- Shipping Executive Predicts Oil Imports Will Triple In 1970s page: 10
- AIMS Elects Thomas B. Crowley Board Chairman page: 14
- Marathon Launches 47th Rig From Vicksburg Yard page: 18
- Propeller Club Miami Chapter Convention May 1-3 page: 20
- FMC Shipyard Sets Complete Icebreaker-Type Bow On Gas Turbine Powered Tanker page: 22
- Vancouver Shipyards Constructing Largest Building Berth In B.C. page: 26
- Sembawang Shipyard Names Ernest Ware General Manager page: 26
- Crutcher Amends License Agreement With Brown & Root page: 27
- Mobil Oil Retrofits Tankers With Coppus Inert Gas Systems page: 30
- Royal Viking Line Names Oslo Director page: 30
- Ryan & Walsh Form Stevedoring Firm For Mid-Gulf Coastal Area page: 31
- Kings Point Reports Its Scholars Program 'Progressing Well' page: 31
- Mercantile Marine Engineering Building Graving Dock For Large Ships Calling At Antwerp page: 32
- Crichton And Turnbull Named To MacGregor Centrex Board page: 32
- Hellen Speaks On Finland's Future Plans To Compete For Building Of Large Tankers page: 33
- New $30-Million Graving Dock For Electric Boat Division page: 36
- Santa Fe International Reports Earnings Up page: 37
- American-Standard Power And Controls Names Ronald Gaylord page: 38
- President Appoints Adm. Rea Commander Third USCG District page: 38
- SNAME Los Angeles Section Hears Paper On 'Carbon Fiber For Marine Structure page: 39
- FMC Appoints Barkan Director Atlantic District Office page: 39
- British Shipowner Organizations Merge page: 40
- Six Offshore Supply Vessels To Be Built In Rhode Island Yard page: 40
- Lockheed Oil Recovery Device Passes Tests Off California Coast page: 41
- First Offshore Oil Discovery Made In Canadian Arctic Sea page: 42